1) I played Trombone from fourth grade on and still enjoy playing. When I first went to college, I majored in music ed and elementary ed.
2) I graduated from college with a botany degree, and chemistry and math minors. I never have used any of them. I got a temp job and loved it. They sent me through for my masters in business.
3) I've managed a 250 million dollar environmental budget for the government. I prefer managing data to people and now do programming development for a software company! Some day I may figure out what I want to do when I grow up!
4) I am a weather junkie! I have a Davis Weather station in my back yard and have been a weather spotter. My husband made me stop when we had kids. something about not wanting me to be out in a car searching for tornados....
5) I was on a waiting list having been completely approved for the peace corps when i met my husband. If there had been a job open in the countries I was interested in immediately, I never would have met him.
6) I have traveled to 6 countries outside of the US. Can you guess what they are? All except one are in the western Hemisphere. I'll give you a hint on #6 -- I spent 2 weeks in the amazon jungle with a bunch of botany and zoology students when I was a botany student and loved it!
7) I am an extra class Amateur radio operator. I passed 21 word per minute moris code translation to get my licence. Me:-)
Dasiy has also been kind enough to send me here meme and I am delighted to learn more about her and to share that with all of you.
1. I was married at 20 to my first bf, we started dating when I was 16, he proposed on our first date! I thought he was drunk!
2. I was devastated when he walked out after a 24year honeymoon, for an 18year old girl....
3. I have been a trampoline instructor for 32 years.
4. I am undertall. If I were 8'3", I would be delightfully slim.
5. I am now honoured to be engaged to the most wonderful man, who happens to be american. I never would have thought it possible to beat being proposed to on the first date; however, he proposed before we had ever met in person!!!!!! (and, yes, he is my second ever bf!!!)
6. I will become a grandparent sometime around christmas, for the first time....YAYYYYYYY
7. I have learned more about myself in the past 5 years than in the previous 45.... (for the mathematicians amongst us, yes, I was 50 this year!!! )