Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Healthy and happy

I’ve been away from any real writing for so long I fear I have forgotten how. I don’t know how many of you are still checking in but I wanted to let you know we are still around. We have had a bit of trouble over Tom’s working but we survive. Tom is really not gone all that much and truly I’m getting all the attention I can stand.

Willow – what can I say about this sweet baby? Actually Willow and I have a lot in common. She is a free spirit, she loves to slip off and get into things she should leave alone, she enjoys staying up all night, and every now and then she just likes to howl at the moon! She is not too bad to chew things that do not belong to her although she did manage to destroy one of Tom’s slippers. At first I was secretly happy to see it go since sometime Tom has used it for an alternate purpose but once he explained to me its mate now could be used for the alternate purpose exclusively my amusement waned. I surely hope the ivory brush doesn’t accidentally fall into Willow’s clutches and disappear!

If you are in the mood for another story I suppose I can share what has been going on here lately. Let me begin by saying all is well now!! Please remember that as you are reading.

I haven’t been too pleased with Tom working. He was gone for 5 days at first and I hated it. Since he has been home he seems to live in his study and on the phone. That’s not really true but I am used to having all his attention and I was trying not to feel neglected but I was losing the battle. One day I was feeling sad, mad, neglected and just generally upset. He had been in his study all day and finally came out around dinner time. We decided to go out to eat. And would you know it he got a call at dinner! He didn’t take it of course but told me he would have to get on a conference call once we got home.

Once we got home I got a quick kiss and the promise that he would not be long. I was fuming then but when I was still sitting alone 45 minutes later I was livid! I was simply not going to stay home alone and twiddle my thumbs. I know what I did was foolish but I was so mad my head was pounding and I just didn’t care. I took the boat and left. I did take the phone but I turned it off. If he didn’t want to talk to me at home he didn’t need to talk to me anywhere!

I just drove around for a while and finally headed to a little bar and grill on the water where we like to eat. The temperature was pleasant so I sat outside and ordered a drink. I hadn’t been there long when a waitress came and asked me if my name was Cassie and gave me a phone. Good grief, if I had my phone off it seems as though he could take a hint!

Three guesses as to what he said first. You’re right, he said “Cassie Jane I am going to wear you out!” He went on to say “You stay right there. Andrew and I will come get you I don’t want you driving the boat.” That flew all over me! I told him had gotten there by myself and when I got ready to come home I could get myself back.

I could tell he was angry but I was angrier! I said “You come if you want to but I won’t be here!” With that I hung up, quickly paid my bill and took off once again. Only by now I was so tired. I was getting cold and I wanted to go home but I was still mad. I remembered that some of our neighbor’s were on vacation so I headed to their dock and tied up. I crawled out of the boat to sit on the dock. I was exhausted and my head hurt, I suddenly felt like I was too tired to get back in the boat. I didn’t sit their long until I called Tom.

“I’m at the Davis’ will you come get me?”

Within minutes Tom and Andrew pulled up. Andrew is so good. He just asked if I was okay and then he left us alone. I must have looked somewhat pitiful because Tom gave me a hug me and whispered in my ear “Girl, you messed up.” Then he helped me into the boat. I knew what was coming I just hoped he would wait.

It only took a minute to get home. I think it was walking from the boat to the house that it gradually began dawning on me that there was something wrong, I was sick. Tom walked me to the bedroom and told me to get ready for bed while he fed Willow. But I couldn’t. I just lay down on the bed and wrapped up in the comforter.

When Tom came back he found me all curled and freezing. A quick check showed I was running a fever. Tom brought me medicine and helped me into a nightgown. Around 2:00 AM he checked my temperature again and it had gone up. He ended up taking me to the hospital. I was pretty much out of it. Tom says that the worse thing about me being sick is that I don’t talk. As much as he sometimes teases me about chattering on he hates it when I am not talking.

It turns out I had a UTI. They kept me long enough to give me some fluids and then sent us home. I slept the rest of the day and all that night. By the next morning I felt much more like myself. Tom was glad to hear I was hungry and told me he was going to fix breakfast and we would talk later.

Talk? I didn’t really want to talk.

The evening started coming back to me – taking the boat, drinking without Tom (a big no-no in his book), hanging up on him, leaving the grill when he had told me to stay…

Tom brought me my breakfast in bed and sat watching me as I ate. “You’re feeling better aren’t you honey” he asked me.

“That depends” I told him, “are you still mad at me?”

“Yes.” He stated emphatically “I am. You had no business taking the boat off at night by yourself. You deserve a good spanking and you know it.

“Tom I’m really sorry. I just don’t know what came over me that night.” I started.

“I do,” he countered “you didn’t get your way and ended up having a temper tantrum. Taking off in the boat - at night - with out a word, going to a bar and drinking by yourself, hanging up on me and running off when I told you to stay put. Oh I know what happened that night. The question is what am I going to do about it.

He does have a way of making things sound so bad! He had me squirming. He seemed so calm but if he got to scolding me he could easily get himself all worked up about it again.

“Well Cassie” Tom asked again, “How do you think I should handle this?

“I … I think we should both be grateful that nothing worse happened while I was wandering around in a fever induced haze!” He had to give me credit for trying! But this is the part you are not going to believe – it worked!! Tom started laughing and came away from the dresser (and the ivory brush) to sit with me on the bed. He must have been way more worried about me while I was so sick than I had thought.

“Girl, what am I going to do with you?”

He sat on the bed and just held me for a minute before he said. “I’m not going to spank you. I believe you knew exactly what you were doing – but the doctor did say that having a UTI could alter your thinking and judgment. But you are not getting off scott free! You are to do everything I say until I think you are well from this thing and” he added as he saw me start to grin “I will be keeping your keys for the time being and…

“Oh Tom, NO! You can’t do that!” I protested.

“Cassie Jane the keys are mine for now.” He told me sternly “If you want to fuss I can change my mind and wear you out and then keep your keys – your choice.” The man is a bully!

But honestly I knew I had dodged a bullet so I hushed. I got up and took a shower and I was surprised to find out that it just exhausted me. I took another nap and after lunch I got up and Tom and I went out and threw the ball with Willow for a while. I was tired again and so I came in and went to the computer to check on everyone. Tom said “Not right now I want you back in bed.”

“Tom I just want to check my email then I’ll lie down.”

But Tom was firm, “I need do some work myself and I want you in bed. I know if you get on that computer you will be on it for hours if I don’t come run you off. Get some sleep.”

So I went on to bed. But I couldn’t get back to sleep. I tossed and turned for a while but I just wasn’t sleepy so I got up and headed back to the computer. I knew if Tom got wrapped up in his work he would be up there for hours. But he double crossed and came back down. Now why when I am perfectly healthy he works forever leaving me all alone, but now he was back down in 20 minutes. He was not happy with me! I can’t say he wore me out but he had a pretty good sting going by the time he marched me back to the bedroom.

“Cassie Jane I just told you, you are going to mind me until you get your strength back. Do I need to tie you to the bed when I’m working?” I thought it was a nice offer but I really wasn’t up to it. LOL! But when I got back up the lap top was gone!! I had told Tom it was acting up and taking forever to get from place to place so he had taken it to Andrew to look it over for us. He told Andrew he was in no hurry to have it returned!! We have it back now but Tom is keeping it in his study. For the time being I have to go there to check emails, read my blogs and do any writing.

So all of this is what I have been up to lately. I am perfectly well now although I don’t have my full strength back I am in fine health. Willow and I are back to our walks. I still don’t have my keys back and I will probably never see the boat keys again. Tom is being stubborn about the laptop but I’ll eventually get it back if I behave myself. Sorry I am not around as much, I do miss talking to everyone. I will be here as often as I can.

19 comments:

PK said...

Cassie Jane! You should be spanked!! Not only for running off but because I have talked to you ever couple of days and you did not say one word about being sick! And you must have been really bad off for Tom to have let you off for all that. Please take care of yourself and if you won't, then let Tom. And please be good enough to get the computer back.

Big old hugs,
PK

Anonymous said...

Wow Cassie. I'm so glad you didn't hurt yourself running around with a fever...and a temper. Take care of yourself. Be sweet and obedient.
Love,
Marie

Anonymous said...

Cassie,

Glad you feel better.

Willow sounds like so mcuh fun. I know you are enjoying him. Hope you get the laptop back soon.
Jean

david said...

Mom, You were sick so I'm letting slip by on this one. Take care of you Tom and Willow.

Love and hugs,
David

mthc said...

Mother..will just behave yourself..you are not setting a good example for me!!! YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOU WERE SICK!! I should come down there and SPANK YOU!!

Anonymous said...

Being sick with a UTI did not stop J from spanking me. I believe that is the first time I heard of Tom granting you grace. Good for him and great for you. I am glad you are feeling better. Try and be an angel so we can hear from you more often.
Ciao I Gal

Terpsichore said...

I am glad that you are feeling better. Now, please take care of yourself... Hugs, Terps

K said...

Cassie, if I ever grow up, I want to be as adventurous and brave as you are!

Paul said...

Cassie, good thing Tom loves you, had it been me, I would have waited until you were well and then worn you out.
Mel was always punished for blatant disobedience.
But I'm very happy that you are now better, please behave and come back to us soon.
Love and warm brotherly hugs,
Paul.

Anonymous said...

Dodged a few bullets!! Being sick and not getting wore out. Glad you are well again, I do hope Tom's work schedule eases up so he can give you the attention you are so deserving of.

C

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, CAssie, you were SO jammy to get away with that!!! No way would I have....
I am glad you are feeling better, but do rest up cos it takes the body a while to build up its defences again; otherwise you will end up under siege from other germs, bugs and nasties!!!!
God bless, Daisy xxxx

grace said...

I'm just glad you are feeling better. The spanking and all, well I'm sure it will come back to haunt you....LOL

Thanks for the story. You always manage to land in excitement!

HUGS!
grace

grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Cassie, I knew you weren't well but I didn't know with what. You are the third person I know who has had such a bad UTI in the last month. A coworker of mine was out for 2 weeks because her infection was so bad. She had no strength at all, just like you. I'm so glad you are better now. Tom will lighten up when he feels you are tip top shape again.
Love,
Lori

Cassie said...

PK,
I had my own personal watch dog takeing care of me 24/7! I didn't want to waste my computer time thinking about being sick.

Marie,
I'll take care but couldn't I just be sweet?

Jean,
Willow is a pure joy! As for the laptop, I will get it back before long I'm sure.

David,
You are a sweet boy! I'll take care I promise.

Mthc,
Now like I told PK I had all the worrying over me I could stand! I'm fine, I promise.

I Gal,
I am not sure what happened. I can count the times Tom has let me off a spanking on one hand. But I am scared to question him about it.

Terps,
That's the plan!

K,
I don't mean to be adventurous and brave I just got irritated at being ignored. But I thank you for the thought.

Paul,
I didn't mean to be so disobedience. But Tom just made me so mad, but maybe it was because I was sick. I was shocked when he let me off. I really think the hospital visit upset him more than I realized.

C,
I am getting attention alright but it is the smothering kind. There is a difference you know.

Daisy,
I have been surprised at how qickly I get tired. I want my strength back now!!

Grace,
Excitment perhaps, but I don't even want to think of the spanking I would have gotten if he hadn't let me off.

Lori,
Those thing sure knock you for a loop. I don't know when Tom will think I am in tip top shape.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. Know that a UTI is no fun at all... especially when it's bad enough to cause a fever.

Todd and Suzy

hestia said...

ohhhhhhhhh Cassie... I do hope you are feeling better now... and have your laptop back asap... I have driven off angry and upset a couple of times myself... but then my ex husband never followed me or tried to find me... so Tom is taking care and I do like it... hopefully someone will be taking care of me every day very soon...

love, lessa

Cowgirl said...

Hi Cassie! Hope all is well... btw, you've just been tagged, lol!

Cassie said...

Sara,
I know I was terrible. I guess he should have spanked me but I was so happy he didn't for once. I have really been good as gold since then.

Todd and Suzy,
I felt horrible but I feel I have bounced back pretty well.

Lessa,
I shouldn't treat Tom the way I do. I am most grateful that had always come for me when I act so very crazy. I love him so much.

Cowgirl,
Thank you for coming by. Tagged?? When or where? Tell me more please.