Monday, December 17, 2007
I know December is always busy but on top of parties, concerts ands plays and luncheon Tom has been disappearing most afternoons. I think he is working on a surprise for me but I miss him. Meanwhile I am going to all the December activities , on top of club meetings, and charity meetings and providing refreshments for the youth and I just want to stay home and curl up!!
Part of this is Tom’s fault. I did all these things in the past when Tom was working but I dropped out of most of them when he retired. Then last winter when he went back to work I was as loose ends and Tom felt that having too much time on my hand lead to problems. When I decided not to go back to work at the school this year Tom insisted I “do something” to become more involved in the community again. I obviously over did it.
I am going to get through Christmas and then I am going to reevaluate everything. It’s too much and I am too tired to keep this up. I haven’t had the energy to misbehave. So I know how boring this is but I wanted to touch base with my friends.
Friday, December 07, 2007
I told you that I wanted to talk to my doctor. Talk to him, not have more test, just to discuss things. Now we have known my doctor for quite a while and we used to attend the same church so I called his wife and asked if we could take them to dinner Sunday evening. Now I told her what I was looking for, this was not an ambush. I told her I wanted a consultation, but I did not want to talk in his office and I surely did not want to talk while sitting on a table covered with crinkly paper! She laughed at me but seemed to understand. I told her I did not know what he normally charged for a consultation but dinner was on us and they could choose the wine! She told me she would get back to me and she called me this afternoon and said that they would be delighted to go.
Tom says I have no business bothering the doctor this way but I just don’t see it that way. I mean the man has to eat! I don’t plan to talk nothing but health issues all evening. I think it will be fun and his wife sounded like she was really looking forward to it. So I don’t see that I have done anything bad.
We have 6 parties to go to before Christmas and I am worn out just thinking about it. We decided not to try to entertain this year and I am so happy about that. I hope all of you are partying or staying home and relaxing which ever you like best. I’ll be in touch when ever I get the chance to be on and I will let you know what the doctor had to say!
Saturday, December 01, 2007
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love beautifully wrapped gifts – no bags!
2. Real tree or artificial? I like real but we have artificial. If we are living at the river next year I want a real tree.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually around Thanksgiving
5. Do you like eggnog? Oh yes! With all the trimmings!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A stuffed puppy from my grandmother.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes we have a beautiful one.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My niece
9. Easiest person to buy for? Sue
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My parents used to give me jewelry that would be “suitable to wear when I was older”, actually just an investment for my father. When contact with my parents was cut off I never saw the jewels again.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? You can email Christmas cards? I mail ours.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? I love Jimmy Stewart and It’s a Wonderful Life
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No I don’t think so.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies! Cakes! Candies!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I like colored lights but we have clear one.
17. Favorite Christmas song? What Child is This?
18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? It depends. I think this year we will stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? No, but remember, I have never had children.
20. Angel on the treetop or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? A little of both.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Too many party and events we are expected to attend.
23. What I love most about Christmas. The entire feel of the season.